Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Day of School 2011

This is a big year for several reasons.  We chose a new school for Peyton and Easton and Easton started Kindergarten.  They were so excited to meet their teacher, meet new friends, but most of all to be going to school together.  The first day was packed with excitement on their part as well as ours.  When we dropped them off in the sea of people we were so proud and happy all at the same time.  I got a little teary eyed so I was thankful for my sunglasses and a crowd.  I cleared my throat several times and tried to act like a proud mom instead of a hysterical one.  Easton has been my buddy while Peyton has been at school for the past two years.  And since he's a mama's boy on top of it all that surely didn't help anything.  In any case, I was so proud to be sending him off to a wonderful school, teacher and year full of new adventures.

At the end of the day when I picked them up Peyton was rather quiet, but Easton wouldn't stop talking.  It made all of my jitters and sadness melt away because he was beyond happy and excited.  We have heard nothing but rave reviews about this school and so far it has definitely exceeded our expectations. 

We already love the uniforms!

Challenge Charter School

So exciting!

Easton with his teacher, Mrs. B

No comments: